Outdoor entertainment is a great way to add fun and excitement to any outdoor gathering. Whether you’re entertaining friends or hosting a cookout, having an outdoor TV can really make the event special. But how do you mount a TV outside on the siding without damaging your home?
This blog post will walk you through the steps of mounting a TV outside on siding. We’ll go over safety precautions, materials needed, and tips for mounting the TV in the correct spot to get the best viewing experience. Read on for everything you need to know about setting up an outdoor television!
The Different Types of Siding
There are four main types of siding: wood, vinyl, aluminum, and fiber cement. Each type has its own benefits and drawbacks that you should consider before choosing the right one for your home.
Wood siding is the most traditional type of siding. It is made from natural materials and can be painted or stained to match your home’s exterior. Wood siding is durable and can last for many years, but it does require more maintenance than other types of siding. You will need to repaint or restain it every few years to keep it looking its best.
Vinyl siding is a popular choice for many homeowners because it is low maintenance and easy to install. Vinyl siding is available in a variety of colors and styles, so you can find the perfect look for your home. However, vinyl siding can fade over time and may crack or warp in extreme temperatures.
Aluminum siding is a good choice for homeowners who want a durable, low-maintenance option. Aluminum siding will not rot or warp like wood, and it is resistant to insect damage. However, it can dent easily and may fade over time.
Fiber cement siding is a newer option that combines the best features of wood and vinyl siding. It is made from a mix of Portland cement, sand, wood fibers, and water. It is extremely durable and resists fire, rot, pests, and weathering. It can also be painted or stained to match your home’s exterior.
However, fiber cement siding is more expensive than other types of siding and may require professional installation.
Tools and Materials You’ll Need
In order to mount a TV outside on siding, you’ll need the following tools and materials:
- A drill
- A level
- Screws (long enough to go through the siding and into the studs behind it)
- A weatherproof mount for your TV
- Cable management solutions (to keep your cords and cables from getting tangled or wet)
Use your drill to create pilot holes in the siding where you want to mount your TV. After that, use the screws to secure the weatherproof mount to the siding. Be sure to use a level to make sure that the mount is level before securing it in place. Then, use cable management solutions to keep your cords and cables tidy and out of the way.
- Choose the right spot for your TV. You’ll want to find a spot that is sheltered from the elements and where you can comfortably view the screen.
- Drill pilot holes into the siding using a 1/8″ drill bit. Be sure to wear eye protection while doing this.
- Affix the TV mount to the siding using screws and washers (included with most mounts). Again, be sure to wear eye protection while doing this.
- Hang your TV on the mount and secure it in place according to the mount’s instructions.
- Connect your TV to any necessary cables or cords (power, HDMI, etc.). Make sure all connections are secure and weatherproofed.
- Enjoy your new outdoor TV setup!
How to Maintain Your TV Mount
To ensure your TV mount lasts for years to come, it is important to take proper care of it. Here are a few tips on how to maintain your TV mount:
- Inspect the mount regularly for any signs of wear and tear, and tighten any loose screws.
- If the mount is made of metal, use a mild soap and water solution to clean it periodically.
- Be careful when handling the mount, as dropping it could damage both the mount and your television.
- When not in use, store the mount in a cool, dry place.
Benefits of Mounting a TV Outside
One of the best things about mounting a TV outside is that you can enjoy the great outdoors while still having access to your favorite shows and movies. Additionally, it can also help to save space inside your home and give you more flexibility when it comes to where you watch your favorite programs.
Here are just a few of the many benefits that come with mounting a TV outside:
- You can enjoy the great outdoors: One of the best things about it is that you can still enjoy the fresh air and beauty of nature while watching your favorite shows. This is perfect for those who love spending time outdoors but don’t want to miss out on their favorite programs.
- It will save space inside your home: If you’re tight on space inside your home, mounting your TV outside can be a great way to free up some extra room. This is especially beneficial if you have a small living room or bedroom.
- You have more freedom when it comes to where you watch TV: With an outdoor TV, you no longer have to confine yourself to watching television in one specific room of your home. You can take your television anywhere on your property, whether that’s by the pool, in the backyard, or even on your deck or patio.
Also, keep in mind that it would be best to mount your TV antenna outside for the best quality.
Mounting your TV outdoors is a great way to increase the viewing area of your outdoor space, and when done properly can be a safe and reliable option.
By following these simple tips for mounting a TV outside on siding you will be sure to have an enjoyable viewing experience without having to worry about any structural damage. Armed with this information now you’ll be able to set up your outside entertainment system in no time!